Friday, April 8, 2011

Poetry Challenge: Day 8

Salutations!

Today I spent the whole day learning about one of my favorite subjects: BIRDS! It was a Project WILD teaching workshop so I also got to learn about some good ideas to teach about birds!
It was so cool, and because one of the things I want to study in college in ornithology, it was really exciting for me. :) 

Needless to say, I have birds on my brain, so my poem today is about the winged ones in question:

Birds

Sing you the song the owls sing
that casts away light and the darkness brings.
Play you to the tune that the curlew calls,
that brings howling wind over wave-beaten shoals.
Mark you the loon, mark its mournful cry
that gathers dark storm clouds to cover the skies.

Fly you o’er oceans, take heed of white sail,
fly you by vast mountains of grandeur and scale.
Mark you the hush of feathers in flight
whose bearers bring mornings and play herald to night.


On another note, I am listening to The Low Anthem right now...specifically the song, 'Apothecary Love'. So good.


~Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment