Thursday, April 21, 2011

Poetry Challenge: Day 21

Today is Charlotte Bronte's Birthday!
A poet and novelist, she wrote Jane Eyre (you should all read this!!!) which I am re-reading in preparation for the movie! I think I'm going to see it with my mom tomorrow!  Here is a link to some of her poems. (Lost of them are quite long so I didn't post one here)

And here is today's poem. If you write letters, you might be able to relate to this...

P.S.

I lingered on niceties that are not necessary with us,
I remarked upon the weather,
(which was not really a must)
so now all I have to say
is left at the bottom of the page
in a nicely-written, small-lettered postscript.

~Maya

P.S. I have had 'Think of Me' from the Phantom of the Opera playing over and over through my head all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment